Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Monday, August 28, 2006

Permanent insurrection

Coverage of the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina is certainly driving my return to blogging...

Today, it was reporting by Brian_Williams on NBC and then Charlie_Rose interviewing Spike_Lee on his new HBO doc...

Of all the criticism of the Bush administration, the criticism of the Fed's "handling" of Louisiana's problem is what makes my skin crawl the most.

I did meet some very nice people from Louisiana while teaching English in China this Summer, but I have to say that they don't deserve a state of their own. That the next time a hurricane hits, the entire state of Louisiana should be declared to be in a state of permanent insurrection (Wikipedia only offers me this ...), and federal troops should rush in to take control of every inch of that "territory".

Dig this Katrina response timeline courtesy of Right_Wing_Nuthouse .

Have to sign out for now before my CPU overheats again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

This article was in the Examiner here in San Francisco. I think you need to look into the Corps

http://www.examiner.com/a-254236~Kevin_Aylward__Katrina__Forget_everything_you_thought_you_knew.html

Thursday, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home