Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Saturday, April 12, 2008

“We did not have that many role models growing up”

via the Berkeley_Daily_Planet:

Will Lee, a native San Franciscan of Chinese descent, looked forward to the
torch relay on Wednesday at the Ferry Plaza. “We did not have that many role
models growing up,” he said. “I’m here to show my pride. I've wanted for 30 or
40 years for China to stand up.”


Reading these and other similar comments by Chinese-Americans and Chinese-Canadians, I have to ask:
To what extent do ethnic Han Chinese around the world hold these sentiments?

Have any of you experienced harassment from North Americans of Chinese descent when you voice concerns about Burma, Darfur, or Tibet?

Holy shit- and many of my fellow Republicans are worried about the Mexicans . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home