Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Monday, February 20, 2006

Bloggers changin' Red China? I certainly hope so! + Don't drink the water...

I'm actually going to apply to teach English at a "Global Village" in the P.R.C. this Summer (though I won't have that free an access to the Internet there)...

Blogger Nation
A proliferation of voices is slowly dismantling the
status quo in China.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11437105/site/newsweek/from/RS.5/

And of course I'll have to watch what I drink:

Chemical spill cuts water supply for 20,000 in
China

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 16:35 EST
BEIJING — A
chemical spill
in a southwestern Chinese river has halted the water supply to more than 20,000
people in Sichuan Province since last Wednesday, the state-run China Daily said
Monday.... © 2006 Kyodo News. All rights reserved. No reproduction or
republication without written permission.

http://www.crisscross.com/jp/news/364771

Of course, my Intro to Human Communication class would view this as a "cultural issue"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home