Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Losar Tashi Delek! Happy Tibetan New Year!!



Today is the official start of "Losar"- the Tibetan New Year, and me being a semi-lapsed Lutheran and semi-practicing Tibetan Buddhist, this is my holiday.

I was planning on celebrating it all day Friday but I'll be first learning how to play the Korean dansol instrument, followed by a Ukranian "Small World Coffee Hour" at the U of M.

1 Comments:

Blogger Douglas said...

It was good meeting you at Keegan's. As far as I know, you're the only person in the MOB who claims to be a Buddhist. It might be very helpful for you to share some of your spiritual pilgrimage, and draw some distinctions within Buddhism. Tibetan Buddhism is very different from Zen Buddhism, is it not?

Monday, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home