Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday night Taiwanese death metal concert in St. Paul


Went to see the death-metal band Chthonic at the Station_4 bar and club in St. Paul Saturday night. The opening acts were kinda lame (and over-the-top), but Chthonic really rocked. The lead singer had a fabulous screechy voice (backed by vocals from the female bassist) and they even employed an erhu, sometimes called a "Chinese violin."

I'm glad I stuck around, because I was beginning to feel like I was in some version of "This is Spinal Tap."

1 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

the erhu with its reall nice cat starangling sound is so obviously a metal instrument, I never thought about it

Monday, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home