Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Chris in Japan from July 4th through August 12th

I've been in Japan near Tokyo for nearly a week already, visiting friends and family.

So far, I've visited Japan's public broadcasting NHK studios, a "rakugo" comedy theater, and the Asakusa temple and market.

This afternoon, I plan on visiting Japan's controversial Yasukuni Jinja, the Shinto shrine/memorial to their WWII war dead.

I did get a bit pissed off when the Japanese language immersion camp I worked at last summer only wanted to talk about America's WWII sins (and I thought about bringing up some uncomfortable historical facts with my Japanese colleagues), but in this case I generally know ahead of time what to expect and won't be half as resentful.

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home