Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Friday, January 08, 2010

From Instapundit:

HIDE THE DECLINE: British Met Office head defends blown forecast of mild winter.


I was never good at math or science myself, but I just can't help but be über-skeptical of the current state of climate science and this Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Changetm that "leading scientists" are pushing.

I'm not in any way a creationist or postmodern deconstructionist- I do "trust" in what I believe to be empiricism and the scientific method. But AGW smacks too much of the anti-genetics Lysenkoism of the old Soviet Union, and the Lyellism that supposedly prevented American scientists from accepting plate tectonic theory some 50 years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Martin said...

Chris, I'm writing a lot on the ClimateGate stuff — in fact I was one of the first to break the story. Here's my stuff at Pajamas Media; the most recent is my "Brit Hume is wrong" piece, the next 10 or 12 (and more coming) are ClimateGate.

Friday, January 08, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home