Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Monday, September 28, 2009

Because they're icky

I was thinking again this afternoon, after hearing Hugh Hewitt hawk "Intelligent Design" on his radio show, about how weird it is for me to have become this "right-wing" Republican five years ago.

How can I hang out with conservatives if I'm anti-death penalty, anti-tort reform, anti "Marriage Amendment", against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", and for open border immigration?

Well, in case you hadn't read my previous post on the subject, it's because many leftists are just thoroughly icky people.

09/29/09 update: I guess I'm "pleasantly surprised" that a few people "get it":

Reminder: Roman Polanski raped a child

. . .but then again, I'll always have my disappointments . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Seghers said...

There's no "icky" people on the right? Where can I even begin?!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Fire away, Mr. "Libertarian".

There are plenty of issues I disagree with the Republican Party on (see above), but I have yet to meet a conservative who'll burst out in giggles at the thought of black African women being gang-raped by the Hutu or Janjaweed Militia.

You were saying?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home