Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Something I commented on back in October of 2006 in my "Original Buddha Patriot" post

Here's something that counters some Leftist propaganda:

"They (terrorists) are very brilliant and educated...but a strong ill feeling is bred in them. Their minds are closed," the Dalai Lama said.


"Brilliant" and "educated"?? You mean they're not all leaving some squalid village in Indonesia or Bangladesh to do a
Jihad vs. McWorld?

from India Express via Weasel Zippers and Protein Wisdom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this was an interesting piece of news. I came to it by way of American Thinker and intend to post on it myself. I think my own take would be that non-violence is really a form of upaya, a skillful means, rather than an absolute value. And it certainly isn't a consistent part of Tibetan history.

Monday, January 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home