Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What is it with the American Left and jokes about sexual violence? (part I)

I've personally had to put up with the giggles of the Left when I've brought up how rape has been used as an instrument of war in places like Rwanda and Darfur, and yes, this is indeed a trend:

"Women [they'd] like to 'hate-f***'"

When, at a debate about the UN some four years ago, a gentleman from the "Citizens for Global Solutions" told me: "Oh, I'm sure some people feel marginalized..." when I brought up Darfur, I was actually more than a bit shocked at the time. But we all have to learn to accept that this is simply par for the course for these folks. . .

-via Mitch Berg's post at Shot in the Dark

06/09/09 Update: Dave Letterman jokes about baseball player raping Sarah Palin's 14-year old daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home