Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Monday, June 01, 2009

some fun w/ "Warranty Services"

Have any of you received recorded phone messages or "FINAL WARRANTY NOTICE"s from an outfit calling themselves "Warranty Services"?

I've had some fun this afternoon calling them back at:

866-442-5552

Be creative as you can (and remember to mask your number!). I do love it when they actually give me something to contact them with . . .

btw: here's something that may be useful to y'all:

I viewed a Wiki that listed technologies used with caller ID, and found call tracing and call traps are useful for this type of reporting. My phone carrier supports these features by pressing *57 or #57 immediately after the call, then dialing an ISP provided toll-free number to pursue further action. I believe this may be helpful for anyone who is having this problem. Our household is also receiving mailers with a similar formatted message. I don't want to speculate, but everyone I have spoken with regarding this matter has posted a resume on a Careerhelper website. SPAM may also be attributed to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home