Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Two things: my Nepali refugee family and Van Jones resigning

I guess I've never "kinda sorta" broke any news, so I'll just post this (via Ace of Spades HQ - flaming skull!!):

Obama's Truther Czar resigns


More importantly:

Two members of an ethnic Nepali refugee family (from Bhutan) I mentor got beat up/mugged in the Twin Cities this past week and it is not cool. As a matter of fact, I feel just terrible about it.

I'm kinda connected with the local Nepali American community here, but if anyone has any info on low-income housing, etc. please do let me know, OK? This just sucks (especially when I hear they almost wish they'd never left their refugee camp).

Related: though I do get frustrated with the anti-immigrant sentiment of many of my fellow right-wing neocons, it's quite clear that immigrant-bashing is an equal opportunity activity- and at least as prevalent among our "communities of colour" as among any group of "bitter clinger" white guys, and I just fucking hate it.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home