Buddha Patriot

A Classically Liberal Neoconservative Tibetan Buddhist from the Midwest

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day at the Fair / Why We Fight

Well, I got my own taste of left-wing thuggery yesterday at the Minnesota State_Fair.

As I've recently jumped on the Rudy_Guiliani campaign, I spent most of yesterday at the Fair with my Rudy_t-shirt on, meeting and greeting, working the MN Republican booth and even dropping by the MN Democratic-Farmer_Labor party booth for a friendly chat.

Now, interacting with most of the Fairgoers has been and still is a blast for me. I thoroughly enjoy chatting with people from all walks of life, including even some of the Democrats.


But I had to deal with a young male hipster yesterday who first accosted our balloon guy and then lurched to bear-hug me when I tried to intervene.


It did freak me out a bit, and it really brought home all the brutish behavior I'd been hearing about coming from the Left, like:

"Laborers for Kerry" Hoffa-thugs assaulting some College_Republicans at the Fair in 2004. . .

and Democratic operatives slashing_the_tires of Republican get-out-the-vote vans that year in Wisconsin.

Which brings me back to why I'm in this fight (and why I swung to the right 3 years ago). It wasn't so much the "attractiveness" of the Right or anger at my moderate friends in the MN_Independence_Party. It was the freakish behavior of this modern-day version of the Democratic Party of my youth- the moral(/literal/historical/scientific) relativism, the moral equivalence (e.g. between the Janjaweed militia and their Black African female victims in Sudan), the boorish behavior, and the batshit moonbattery.

No matter how outnumbered we are, no matter how many elections we lose, we cannot afford to give in to these people. Surrender is not an option. Being "intimidated" or otherwise "burned-out" is no excuse for inaction. We must press on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home